Thursday, September 4, 2008

Two Pets Aren't Enough?



Meet the newest addition to our family...our resident snake. S/he (not sure which) greeted us Sunday morning in the landscaping out front. "It" was extremely docile (if that is possible)...let us snap pictures, basked in the sunlight and collected the cool drops of water from the sprinkler. Most people don't enjoy the company of snakes. We have learned to co-exist with them (yes, plural) since we were the ones who invaded their grounds. I finally went fishing in the creek with my biggest kid, Mark. After about an hour of no luck, I finally caught a bluegill and then a catfish. Mark and Jonathan have caught several catfish recently. This is the first year (we've been here 5 years) that we have actually caught catfish in the creek. I'm thinking the flooding from June might have something to do with it.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Hey Lori! Nice blog, glad I found you. I'll add you to my blogroll.